Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last weekend

We went to visit Lauren and Bill last weekend since it was Lauren's birthday and Zach's parents came down to visit too. I made Lauren a Pretty Puffy Slouchy hat. I do love that pattern. I used a thicker yarn and it turned out very stiff. It worked out well. Lauren liked it. Of course, no picture. They also got their Christmas presents and Bill got his birthday present. So everyone sat around on Sunday playing them.









I also got a birthday present. Of course mine isn't until August so I was quite surprised. I think I mentioned earlier about how much I was drooling over the fact that my MIL was getting a needle felting machine. Well, I drool no longer because I have my own. Squeee I think I might have to make some DPN and sewing needle cases to sell on Etsy. Very exciting.









We also got to do some hiking around Hocking Hills. Very very pretty. We started at the visitor center and walked down to Old Man's Cave, down to the lower falls, then back up to the upper falls. It was beautiful. And except for the rain it was very enjoyable. Although it really didn't start raining hard until we were leaving. Oh and those wooden steps up to the next level where it felt like we were climbing out over a precipice. Thankfully Zach walked behind me and I could close my eyes to walk up it.

And we also got some Avalanche Pizza. Soooo good. My favorite is a tossup between the pepperoni and roasted garlic or the The Loaded Baked Potato Pie. Damn, I got drool on my keyboard. :) The two main reasons we go to see Bill and Lauren, besides getting to see Bill and Lauren, are Avalanche Pizza and a worn out puppy. Awww...look at the passed out puppies. That would be Heidi on the left and Lucy on the right.

1 comment:

Sorka said...

We keep meaning to head down to hocking Hills but haven't managed to get down there yet!
I hear it's beautiful!
Denise
knitchat.com