Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Donation Month?

A few of the blogs I read and even Ravelry is having a donation drive this month. It is enough to drive a person to the poor house. I would love to give money to everyone, unfortunately then I would need to have a donation drive to pay the bills. So what does all this mean? It means that I am going to plug another place to send your money. Although it isn't really a donation, since you are actually buying a t-shirt or something from her Etsy store. But it does raise money for her.

The blog is I'm a Craft Artist. It is run by Marian and her mom. Marian is an adorable little girl undergoing a bone marrow transplant. She is an amazing craft artist and makes soaps, little felted food, heck her most recent blog post shows her making a stuffed bunny. The money she raises from the sales of her t-shirts and crafts goes to buy her supplies she can use in the hospital (since her immune system will be down, she has to have super clean stuff). I know if I was stuck in the hospital, I wouldn't want to be without my knitting. And now that she has raised enough money to keep her craft closet stocked, she is sending the extra money to an organization that makes craft kits for kids in similar situations.

Now I understand that not everyone can donate or buy stuff. But I will ask one thing, send Marian a card. The address is down a bit on the right hand side of her blog. She is going to be in the hospital for the rest of April and probably quite a bit into May.

No comments: