Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Look I made more yarn

Ta dah. Made on my lovely new Greensleeves Spindle. I used about 1/2 an oz of merino donated by Cathy at the fiber retreat and dyed it with Easter egg dye. I realize I forgot to stick a dime/penny/quarter in under one of the strands so you all can tell how thick it is. Sorry. I'll learn as I do more of this. but it is super skinny cause the spindle is very, very lightweight.

I even made my own Lazy Kate to make it easier to ply. I suck at doing Andean Plying from my hand. So I need to buy a wooden one or I could just skip all that and use the lazy kate that comes with my spinning wheel that I will get someday soon hopefully. But until then Soulful Hues Knits had some good instructions for a cardboard one. I just need some straws and it will work perfectly.

Although looking for a link to Andean Plying gave me a Knitty article about Handy Plying. Interesting. Maybe I need to spin up some roving to see how this works.

Oh and on a side note. I apologize that my posts come in spurts of like 2 or 3 in one day. Usually that is the day I get the pictures off the camera. I do try to split the posts up so it isn't just one huge post of how my week was. You can just pester me about it if it annoys you. Or come get the pictures off my camera and edit them for me. The biggest problem this week was I couldn't find the cameras for the battery. **giggle** I was having a bad Monday and totally said that instead of finding batteries for the camera. It was totally nap time

1 comment:

goodnessgraciousWV said...

Nadine--

Based on the center-pull ball vs andean plyer thing, I went home and made a "bracelet" to ply around a hot-cocoa mix tin (bigger around than my hand) and then I used that to ply from the outside and the center. Wasn't too bad.

I'm sure that you got sunburnt yesterday, because I did and I was wearing sunscreen. thanks for helping me with the demo!

grace :)