Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I lucked out

Have I ever mentioned how lucky I am? I hear people's horror stories and jokes about awful Mother-in-laws and I am very thankful to say that they could not be farther from the truth when referring to mine. (now I've jinxed it or something) Personally, I think she is just excited she now has "daughters" that she can be crafty with instead of just two sons. You all remember that lovely blue sock bag she made me? Totally wasn't my birthday or Christmas or anything. I got a box the other day. In fact I got it Thursday evening when I got back from my interview right before the stressful comprehensive exam day(not mine, I was just giving them). Perfect timing. It had a movie for Zach and then a bunch of stuff for me. Again, just cause.

This book, I was ogling when I stayed with them for AAFS. She bought another copy so she could send me one. Now I just have to find some freakin' quilling supplies. Perhaps a good reason to place a large order to a craft store online. hmmm...look at that. She not only gave me a book, she gave me a reason to buy stuff. "but honey, I have to get it because she would be hurt if I didn't use it. And I wanted something else and I thought it silly to pay shipping twice so I went ahead and got that too."






And Crochet patterns. Some Gourmet Crochet ones. And an adorable animal bracelet pattern you crochet with thread. I totally started the purple bear the day I got it (came separate from the box a week or so later) It did help that I already had the thread and the hook I needed. "Be Prepared" You never know when someone will send you an awesome pattern. :)


My only problem with my MIL, her son came trained with entirely too much crafty knowledge. We were running errands and we stopped at Michaels in hopes that they had quilling supplies. He stayed in the car, but informed me that he "knows what quilling supplies look like and will know if I come out with something that isn't them." Hmmm...this could be a problem. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lucky! to have a crafty MIL who wants to share . . .I'm jealous. I'm also an avid quiller and would like to invite you to visit my web site to see lots of goodies. Pictures of finished pieces, free patterns as well as supplies. You won't find much in stores unless you are lucky enough to live near a "mom & pop" type craft store run by real crafters.Supplies are really pretty inexpensive, unless you become addicted like me. Welcome to the wonderful world of quilling!
Pat Caputo http://www.Whimsiquills.com

Haley said...

My MIL is also so thrilled to have a "daughter" as well as her two sons, that I get oodles of stuff like that too. :) Isn't it fun? Fortunately for me, my husband never paid any attention to the stuff his mom did so when I come out of the craft store with anything other than what I went in for, he has no clue.. or he pretends to have no clue. Either way, it works out. :)

Anonymous said...

I know AC Moore has had quilling stuff in the past. You should check there. (yeah, you can blame me for that too)