And tons of people donated items to our retreat.First we started with goody bags. Two of them. One was a lovely tote bag filled with brochures, catalogs, post cards. The second with filled with samples. Lovely lovely samples. Fiber, soaps, lotion, more fiber, yarn, buttons, loads of stuff.
Then came the door prizes. All night and some the next day. I think about 6 rounds total. Look at all this stuff. It was awesome. I think my favorite part though was the trading. In case you ended up with something (since items were given to us) you weren't too fond of, they highly encouraged trading. Oh my. I think I only ended up with 2 things that I actually started with. And I got 7 items from the door prizes (they ended up with extra stuff and the end of 6 rounds and had a raffle type drawing)
So for some close ups. Some Creatively Dyed Yarn's sock yarn in a lovely blue-green color way. The sock yarn started out as a set of square knitting needles. I traded those for a felted bag kit. I traded that for the yarn
Some Kollage Yarns Hope-USA 100% cotton worsted weight yarn . One of the two things I started with.
I won a 1 year membership to the crochet guild of America. That is their magazine. I actually initially won the Knitting Guild membership. But the lady who sat next to me won the Crochet one but doesn't crochet. So I traded her. Since I do either.
That bit of orange sticking out is a KnowKnits bag. The second original item. Currently holding the leftover bits of fiber I found at the retreat and after I am done spinning so I can keep track of it for when I needle felt.

Mmmmm...spindles. The larger one started life as a fingerless glove pattern with yarn. This Kokovoko was actually a part of Deb's personal collection. I haven't spun on it yet. I've been busy with the other one.
The smaller one is a Greensleeves spindle. I cannot remember the name. Maybe the Mjolinor. I heard someone say they didn't know how to pronounce it and that it wasn't available for sale yet. I am spinning some very fine merino on it and love it to death. Pictures will follow shortly. I traded with Sarah (a non-spinner) for quite a bit of yarn. And I did this very happily

The best thing I got, in my opinion, was my Namaste bag. Which started out as a different Namaste bag. A grey project bag that looked more like a purse. Although I liked that one, I decided to see if Deb would want to trade. This pink one wasn't a door prize, it was one of the raffles. In fact it was the raffle I dumped pretty much all of my tickets into. So I had no problems trading a door prize. What makes this bag special, you ask? Besides the awesome color, butter soft leather and convinient size? Let's look inside.

Oh yes my friends. This is an organizer. It has binder rings with removable (and addable) inserts for super organization. It has needle holder pages, pouches (both leather and see through mesh) and pockets on the inside of the bag. I was able to switch from my tool box organizer to this lovely item. Now I just have to get some more inserts. I used the needle pages for my crochet hooks and need a place to put my knitting needles. Well the straight ones, the circulars are in the solid pouch.


2 comments:
Wow! I'm pretty hardcore jealous. Hard. Core. Glad you had a great time!
I could cry for not going! lol I just wasn't sure if it was accessible to wheelchairs and felt a little awkward about imposing since I've never been to a meeting. I'll not feel that way next year! lol You got a beautiful variety ... and I'm glad you did!
Lesley Ann
Post a Comment