Saturday, April 12, 2008

some new acquisitions

You all remember that crochet pattern challenge I had you all go vote on? I won the People's Choice Award. Wooooo. I won a Jojo the Giraffe pattern and some Jo Sharp merino, alpaca, silk yarn.
I would like to thank you all for your help.










Did a little shopping for myself. I totally blame Aimee. She showed me these two magazines at SnB and there were a couple patterns and techniques that I felt made these issues quite indispensable. I have taken a strong liking to both Interweave knits and Interweave crochet. And since I'm learning how to spin, Spin-off has lots of techniques, patterns and tempting ads. Speaking of patterns, I've already started a shawl/wrap thing in this months' issue. I am going to use sage green, lavender, eggplant, forest green colors in different yarns. Do a big chunk of sage green, some eggplant stripes then a chunk of lavender then dark green then start doing random sets of stripes. We'll see how it plays out. It is going quick now, but every other row you increase by 6 stitches. We'll see how long I go before I decide to make a very short shawl.


No comments: