We spent the weekend at Zach's brother's house in Athens, OH. We have gone every year for the annual Halloween block party. Good times. I will post pictures when I get them. Over the weekend, I did some work on my donation for God's Tiny Angels which you can see in the above picture. They are a charity here in Huntington that donates handmade (and bought) items to maternity wards and NICU's around the country. With my Knifty Knitter, I am a wiz at baby hats, so I spent the weekend making them with leftover yarn. I also picked up some yarn on sale at Joanns and have enough to make 6 baby blankets. Yesterday I found a pattern for baby slippers made out of fleece. I had a pretty big piece of white fleece left over (there was 1/2 a yard left after she measured out the piece I wanted, so she offered it to me at half price) I have gotten two pairs done and have pieces cut out for about 7 more pairs. They take me a while because I have to sew up the soles by hand because they are so small (I started with the preemie size). I need to get these sent off and start concentrating on two certain Christmas presents that are going to take a while.Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Halloween weekend
We spent the weekend at Zach's brother's house in Athens, OH. We have gone every year for the annual Halloween block party. Good times. I will post pictures when I get them. Over the weekend, I did some work on my donation for God's Tiny Angels which you can see in the above picture. They are a charity here in Huntington that donates handmade (and bought) items to maternity wards and NICU's around the country. With my Knifty Knitter, I am a wiz at baby hats, so I spent the weekend making them with leftover yarn. I also picked up some yarn on sale at Joanns and have enough to make 6 baby blankets. Yesterday I found a pattern for baby slippers made out of fleece. I had a pretty big piece of white fleece left over (there was 1/2 a yard left after she measured out the piece I wanted, so she offered it to me at half price) I have gotten two pairs done and have pieces cut out for about 7 more pairs. They take me a while because I have to sew up the soles by hand because they are so small (I started with the preemie size). I need to get these sent off and start concentrating on two certain Christmas presents that are going to take a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment