Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I love Harry Potter

I adore Harry Potter. I attend all the movies in costume, as well as the last couple book releases. It has been my Halloween Costume for three years. I attend Hogwarts Online http://www.hol.org.uk/ And here are some of my favorite HP crafts.


My Hogwarts school robe with prefect pin. I have somehow managed not to get a picture of myself in this costume. I promise I will remedy that this Halloween. Maybe I can knifty knit myself a new sweater to go with it.






















My Skiving Snackbox and chocolate frogs. Which as you can tell from the second picture, was a huge hit at the book release. I used plain white crayon boxes from AC Moore. I got the Skiving Snackbox label from The Leaky Cauldron website and I made the chocolate frog label. The actual chocolates were made using Wilton Candy Melts. For the frogs, I used a frog mold and regular milk chocolate. For the skiving snackbox, I had a bunch of left over colors and used a bug mold and did half the mold in one color and half in another.

Every good Gryffindor must have a S.P.E.W. badge and a "Weasely is our King" badge. I can't find my nice prefect badge.








And of course you have to have school books. I took regular writing notebooks (the bound, but not spiral types) and painted them. Then decoupaged on pictures. latin text, jars of herbs, potions bottles, etc. The quill, I took apart several pens and removed the writing part with the ink. I cut off the end of several feathers with a large ?stem?. I shoved the pen up into the feather and sealed with a hot glue gun. Ta da! Magical self inking quills.

No comments: