
First, a cute little pumpkin. The pattern said to make any size pumpkin you wanted and then use the stem pattern. I made a small one first to make sure it looks ok. Well the stem turned out way too huge. The next pumpkin will be bigger.
I am very excited about this project. I was trolling about the internet looking for some interesting patterns and I found http://thestormmoon.blogspot.com/2007/05/dark-mark-illusion-scarf-pattern.html A pattern for a scarf with the Dark Mark (Harry Potter reference) on it. The cool part was it is an illusion scarf. Head on, the scarf will look like small stripes of each color. But when viewed from an angle, the image will appear. Well, since I can now knit at a decent rate, I wanted to try it. But I prefer Gryffindor to Slytherin/Voldemort anyday. I couldn't think of a pattern to put on the scarf. I thought about a Heraldic Lion in Gryffindor colors, but I wanted to start small and easy. So I am just spelling out Gryffindor. So I made my own chart, figured out how to do it on a Knifty Knitter and away I went. The bad part is you can't really see the pattern as you work on the KK unless you work on a long loom and mine was in use. So to make sure it was working, I pulled the piece off the loom last night. And look at that!!! You can see a G. I wish I had taken a straight on picture so you could see the stripes. I'll wait until I'm further along, cause I don't want to take that off again. As soon as I get it worked up, I will put the pattern up on here for all you Gryffindor fans..


No comments:
Post a Comment