This is for my mom. I had been working on a similar hat (knitting) for like a year. This took me two hours, and only because there was something good on tv. But it is just a basic hat. I used two strands (1 fun fur and 1 of some white yarn I had laying around) knit together for the cuff and switched to a red boucle yarn. Yay for a Christmas present she has been waiting for, like forever. Maybe she'll get a matching scarf this year.
I actually made three of these slippers. The first one I made, was huge. I used a pattern that was written for one of the speciality sock looms. The blue Knifty Knitter has a much bigger gauge. The second slipper turned out much better after a bit of adjustment. So in all I changed the loom, number of stitches, the yarn, and in the end the whole technique of the heel and strap. I think that gets me free of any copyright stuff. But I got the original pattern here http://decoraccentsinc.com/mjparkers_instructions.html
This is for my friend, Becca. She is getting her PhD in Molecular Medicine, or as I like to call it Curing Cancer 101. She has done a lot of research with breast cancer so I whole heartedly support her. I think about her the entire month of October when everything turns pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is one thing that companies can make me do to buy products; turn it pink and donate some of the procedes to breast cancer awareness.
Super simple baby hats. NOT FOR ME!!! I was working on these at work and when people asked what I was working on, I would get some interesting looks. No babies here. Two people in the office who are having babies. All for them.


1 comment:
You are AWESOME. That's it. And now I can't wait till Christmas. :)
And I'm so glad you have a blog now....yaaaaaay.
Post a Comment