Friday, October 19, 2007

New Store!!!

Well, it is new to me. I found a store in Huntington, WV called Knit N' Hook. http://www.knitandhook.com/ They are super nice and friendly. So many pretty things that I wanted. I went during my lunch break the other day. I had planned on being good, but I found yarn I couldn't resist (duh). Chunky Misti Alpaca in light pink and black. Sooooooo soft. I decided, since it was a bit on the pricy side, that I would be making my winter hat and scarf out of it. The hat is done. I love the Knifty Knitter. So fast. I used the pattern at the ProvoCraft website for the rib stitch hat. http://tinyurl.com/gn2y7 I did mine a bit different. I did the first part for 12 rows, made a brim then switch the colors so the opposite color was on the outside. I think it turned out great.


Close up of the switch over.
Also, just found out that a bunch of speciality yarn is on sale at my AC Moore. **runs off to buy more yarn she doesn't need**
**comes back** I forgot to mention that I ordered a new loom. http://www.decoraccentsinc.com/ Over at DA Looms. I ordered the Extra Small Gauge Wonderloom. And now the waiting begins...should I start stocking up on sock yarn now? Yeah, I think so too.

No comments: