
Yay for Halloween. A perfectly legitimate reason for me to wear my Hogwart's School Uniform. I made the robe and the "sweater" and the pin. I am wearing a black skirt, white dress shirt, and a tie I found that was red and white that I colored in with a gold Sharpie. The robe is lined with maroon cloth. it looks good when I walk. The sweater is actually a dark grey sweatshirt that I cut the neck into a "v" shape and sewed on red and gold ribbon. The prefect pin, I used the Crayola modeling clay/foamy stuff and made it sheild shaped with a "P" on it then painted it red and gold and hot glued a pin back on it. I even have a wand. But I don't have a holster for it so it is a bit unwieldly to carry around.

In cool crafty news, I am a member of the Harry Potter Crafts Yahoo Group. Their Christmas swap starts 11/3/07. And I signed up for it. This will be my first craft swap ever. I am so excited, I've started already. I am making Christmas ornaments, see some examples I've finished. They are crocheted. I am sort of winging it, but I am writing up the pattern as I go along so I will post those when I get them all finished. I am working on a Hedwig ornament. And plan to do a wand. Not sure what I will do from there. Maybe a dragon, or pygmy puff, or perhaps even Harry himself. Along with the ornaments, I plan to add in some homemade hot chocolate mix. And depending on what the person likes and what house they are in (see I'm so excited, I've started and I have no idea if I'm really in or who my person is or what they like) I am considering mittens or, even better for a Christmas swap, a Christmas stocking in their favorite house colors. So excited I want to find out who they are and get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment