My ESG Wonder loom from http://www.decoraccentsinc.com/ has arrived. Hooray!!! And of course my pact to not make anything non-gift related went right out the window. It is a bit top secret right now. I am working on making a glove on the looms. I haven't seen a pattern for anything like this yet. Hopefully it works out. Hoping to submit it to http://www.loomknitterscircle.com/ if I can get the details worked out. So far it is going good, but I've hit a snag with the fingers as I don't have a thumb loom. Decor Accents takes 5 weeks to deliver and I don't really have that kind of time. Might have to resort to making my own or knitting them flat for now.
A non-looming project. Actually this is going to be a baby present, hopefully, we'll see about getting it done. It might have to go to a certain biology nerd. It is the crochet version of http://kimberlychapman.com/crafts/knit-patterns-dna.html that I was talking about in an earlier post. She gave me permission to adapt it to crochet. Yippee. Look at it curving all on its own. Makes me proud.
I am very proud of these. While acquiring Knifty Knitters, each one comes with one of their hooks. Even my Decor accents loom came with a Knifty Knitter hook. I don't like them because the rubber handle (which is like 1/2 an inch thick, which causes my wrist to hurt) comes loose and starts twisting. That doesn't really work when trying to lift some often tight yarn. So I took some Polymer clay I had sitting around the house from a previous craft project and dreamed these babies up. I wonder if Loom Knitter's Circle would accept these as a pattern. I love them because each pack of clay is like 2 dollars and the extra hooks are 97 cents. And I can shape them to my hand. Hmmm...runs off to write up the pattern to send in.


No comments:
Post a Comment