
I was soooooo worried making the first one. I have never felted anything and it was huge. Almost 1.5 feet long. But I felted it and it came out great. Still a bit long. So I took off a couple rows for the second slipper. Being able to felt stuff is awesome. It creates a much sturdier item. And AC Moore just got roving and felting needles. Roving=non-spun yarn. The needles have small barbs on them. You use the needles to punch through the roving and the felt and it locks the roving into the felt. You can make patterns, they have it in all sorts of colors. I was thinking a nice pink flower would look really cute on the slippers. Then to use up the rest of the black wool and some of my Kool-aid dyed wool, I knitted up a little purse. Gonna felt it tonight with
the slipper. I hope it turns out alright. I still love that blue color. I had two balls of black wool left over (one from each slipper). I threw it on e-wrap flat panel on the green long Knifty Knitter. One ball was smaller so when I ran out of it, I joined on the blue and went until I ran out of the second bit of black. Then I did an I-cord on the KK spool knitter in the blue. I think I might have found a new stitch. I need to do a bit of searching to find out.Oh, the slipper pattern is from http://www.decoraccentsinc.com/. She was offering it at 50% off for those who wanted to KAL (knit-a-long). The perfect time to pick up that pattern and several others I had been wanting for a while.


No comments:
Post a Comment