Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some needle felting and nummy-ness

We went to see IronMan today. Very very impressed and have now booked my summer with must see movies. I would like to mention that I love my husband very much. But Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in this movie...well...yum.













Anyway, this is a craft blog right? How about some stuff I've been making with the loverly needle felter. I made a few DPN cases by hand and I decided it would be much easier to do with the new shiny. So here is the first one I made on the machine.









It turned out really well. My favorite part is that I don't even have to sew anything. The felter does a good enough job that the seams are tight and stay together very well. Even under some mild tugging. I'm sure a good yank would pull them apart. but I am willing to sacrifice a little durability so I don't have to pull out the sewing machine and/or have visible seams.
Here is the front of the case I am making for myself. I want another one that matches my Namaste bag. Now I just need a proper tote bag to match them both. It is possible I might have to make a trip to JoAnn's to find some fabric. Or I could check the fabric stash.




Speaking of stashes, it appears that yet another stash has entered my crafting world. These felt sheets are cheap. I have started picking up neat colors when I find them. JoAnn's so far has the best. Bright, exciting, non-primary colors. They also carry bolts of felt you can buy by the yard. In such wonderfully basic colors as black, white and charcoal. Good for when I branch out from DPN cases and decide to make things bigger than an 8.5X11 sheet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nadine:

We saw Iron Man yesterday, and I have to agree whole-heartedly. I am amazed by the shape that Downey is in -- especially after some of his recent "dougher" roles in films. Also, I thought the movie itself was well done and can't wait for the rest of the summer blockbusters. It should be a great summer especially for comic book and action/adventure fans.

Also, I have to admit a felt frenzy mentality myself. So, I thought I'd share my stash with you too...it's on Flickr. When Jo-Ann (I work for Joann.com) had a sale of 10 squares for $1, I think I bought 40...and got to use my employee discount to boot. (blush)