Friday, May 23, 2008

I have returned

Florida was great. Becca and Michael were awesome hosts and I had tons of fun. There was lots of eating. In fact I managed to only eat at places I had never eaten at before. There was a resturant called Fuego where they walked around with hunks of meat on sticks and served it to you. We went there for Becca's birthday. Speaking of food, Becca, here is that website with the Marshmallows. Bittersweet is awesome for all sorts of vegan yummyness and crocheted goodness. I start drooling every time I visit her website.
We also did some Outlet Mall shopping. I scored 3 pairs of shoes for less than 5 dollars. **does dance of tribute to the bargain Gods** I also got some chocolaty goodness. And learned that we have a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Charleston. Funny to note since I've only ever eaten it in Texas and Florida. Becca, I hope you found that leftover apple in your fridge as a thank you gift. I think I told Michael about it.
And then we went to the beach. Lovely, gorgeous beach. White, soft sand. Teal ocean waves. Bright, burning ball of fury in the sky. Seriously, I have red hair, blue eyes and correction fluid white skin. I should not be out in the sun, on the water for 5 hours. Even with 50 SPF on most of my body and 70 SPF on my face and shoulders I roasted and turned lobster red. And now it is starting to itch. I spent most of today looking for something to scratch my back against. And I have more freckles now.
I got a lot of knitting done. Hopefully I'll finish one of my like 10 works in progress at some point. I'm thinking my Broadripple socks will be next, so I can start a pair of Baudelaire socks.

No comments: