I would love to say that I have all sorts of fun things to show you from this past week. But I spent 75% of it sitting on my butt at registration and the other 25% in the hospitality suite. It was a good conference and seemed to go very well. But I am very glad it is over. I did get to meet some very nice people, including my possible future self.
I get to spend the next week planning the program's graduation activities. Then on the 13th I leave for Florida. Nothing taxing I promise you. Instead I get to go to Tampa to visit my bestest friend in the whole wide world Becca. Finally we will be able to exchange Christmas presents and I will be there during her birthday as well.
So I was at Wal-mart yesterday and picked up a set of acrylic paints for $5. It was a beginners set of basic colors in really big tubes. I decided it was fate and thought I should take up painting. I am glad I grabbed the set because when I went to AC Moore to get paper (which was pretty much all I needed) the same set was selling for $40. So I got up early this morning (owed completely to going with Zach to his Magic game night and spending about 6 hours asleep on the couch at the game shop, on top of then getting about 6 hours of sleep at home) and did some painting. They don't look like a kindergarten's art project and that was all I was going for.
More of a watercolor look.A study in a really cool tree we have in our back yard


No comments:
Post a Comment