I made Socks!!! I made Socks, Hey Hey Hey Hey!!! I have a matching pair. Not that I could take a good picture of them to save my life. This has just served to reaffirm that I need a pair of sock blockers, and more sock yarn, and a ball winder (cause most sock yarn comes in a hank that needs wound), and did I mention more sock yarn. I have the Viking socks I'm working on. Actually I had a good inch or so of cabling and frogged them back to the beginning. The cuff was too long for me, but wasn't enough reason on its own to start over. But even with the ribbing, the cableing was making the sock smaller than what I assume would fit over my feet, so I decided to start over with more stitches. If they still don't fit, I will just assume that I have giant feet and give them to someone. Now if you are reading this and suddenly wished them to not fit me, Bad! Bad Blog reader! But I can't blame you cause I would have thought the same thing.And in shocking news, I am only currently in one swap. HSKS4 and all I am waiting for (because I got motivated to get out the sewing machine) is her needles. Everything else is done. **pauses for the applause** Although the bag I made, maybe I should have looked at the finished measurements, cause it is big, but it has tons of pockets. And considering I haven't had the sewing machine out in a while, I did pretty good. We won't talk about all the ripping of seams I had to do or pockets I forgot to sew on in the right order or the changes I just had to make to the pattern that worked in my head but well, yeah.
Anyway, I think I remember posting about the Harry Potter ATC swap I did and showed the cards I sent out. But I actually took a picture of the cards I got. And I managed not to lose the list of who each of these are from. 

Top Row: Rita, Julia, Kath the pupeteer
Middle Row: Woozelmom/Linda, Suzy, KatNorris, Dragonsinger/Mary
Bottom Row: Margaret Anne, Margaret Anne, Brenda, Scarlett
These are so much fun. I would love to do a swap like this again. It would be perfect for Christmas. I got so many different styles.


No comments:
Post a Comment