I made an amigurumi kitty for Taha. I found the pattern here. It didn't really turn out like that one. I changed the legs, and the tail and I did the ears all wrong. Oh well, she liked it.
See, I told you I was hooked on socks. Already started my second pair. Even though my first isn't finished. I got some Wool in the Woods yarn on sale and Yarn and More during the guild meeting. It isn't quite that blue in person. It sort of changes through shades of green. Not enough to be varigated, but really subtle. I thought a green that lovely was deserving of a lovely celtic cabled sock pattern. I found something close. Viking Socks. Working two different cables at the same time should be...interesting. This is another "can't do somewhere I can't sit down with the pattern and two rulers" kind of pattern. Like my lace shawl. Too much counting and keeping track of where I need to be is involved.

Oh, here is that dyed alpaca roving all spun up. Zach and Dana both commented on how much more even this yarn is compared to my last. Hooray!!! I am improving. Alpaca=easy as pie to spin. It drafted sooooo easily. I am in love. And I should actually be able to make something from it that I can wear against my skin. I need to measure it tonight to find out how much I have. And now I know why Niddy-Noddys are important in spinning. They can measure out lengths as you wrap them.


1 comment:
Hooray on alpaca yarn! It's beautiful!
Let's talk sock addiction. I have finished one, count it one, compeleted sock. How many socks do I have on needles? I think four. And I only stopped because I ran out of sets of needles.
Post a Comment