I mean really. I finally get Teresa's scarf done and my expectation was that nature would mock my futile attempt to keep a friend warm and would snap the weather to 90 degrees with 100% humidity. I mean come on. Well at least it is pretty and she actually gets a chance to use it. Blizzard Big Cable scarf was the pattern with an extra set of the seed stitch on each side.
OMG!!! Dana finished her socks. Awww, I feel like a proud mama with Mandy as the grandma. Soon everyone's feet will be clad in warm lovely handmade socks. So much love. Unfortunately I am selfish and unless they don't fit, people won't be getting them from me. Unless I change my mind.
A bit of dying fun. Wal-mart had black fabric dye and I thought I would see how that works on the roving (it said it works on wool). Well the black turned out more grey-charcoaly. The pink worked very well. But the blue didn't pick up at all and turned one hank of roving into an awful purple greyish ugliness. So I picked up some Berry Blue Kool-aid and overdyed it. Much much better. Bright blue with some heathering to it. Unfortunately I tried to dye some roving purple by mixing blue and pink. Well since the blue didn't take, I now have two hanks that are pink and charcoal instead of one of those and a purple and charcoal. At least they are different fibers.


1 comment:
YEAH DANA!! Love the socks!
I love the scarf, too! :-)
Lesley
Post a Comment