Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chocolate and yarn and friends...Oh My!!!

Have you ever had Holl's Chocolate? If you haven't, you are missing out. My mouth is watering just thinking about the darn things. So creamy and decadent and they have a type to suit just about everyone. Dark, white, milk, filled with caramel, truffle, liquor, nuts. **wipes drool of keyboard** Well, their first store was in Parkersburg (I think) and since I lived there it was commonly frequented. Hell, they had a stand in the mall. And they are generous with the free samples. My mom used to send me college care packages and I would ration those suckers to last, well, to be honest, only about a week. They are too good. Well, someone needed to go to the airport in Charleston today. And we thought it would be an excellent opportunity to check out the Kanawha City Yarn Company. Since Aimee mentioned she very much enjoyed that store, we invited her along. When we picked her up and started driving off she asked if I had heard of Holl's Chocolate. Well, I nearly wrecked the car whilst going "Why? Do you have some with you?!?" I was prepared to start digging through her bags. Seriously it was scary. She said no but that there was a store in Charleston. Well of course we had to stop. So the bag is sitting near my knitting spot. I've already had a Hazelnut Guianda (sp?) and think I can hear a Kahluha Caramel calling to me.
Oh yeah, I got some yarn too. Sock yarn. Not a lot, but we'll say the budget was tested. But I got my first Cherry Tree Hill. Supersock in regular and DK weight and some Ultra Alpaca. The picture colors are pretty close. So yummy. I already have two socks on needles right now. But awesome incentive to finish them up quick. Speaking of socks, I sent out my HSKS4 swap package. Like two weeks before the deadline. Rock it out. Now to wait patiently for mine.

Oh and remember that post earlier about knitting graffiti in Charleston? I got to see some in person outside the yarn shop. How cool? And I found Minnipurl's Flickr group if you would like to see more pictures of her graffiti. It really makes me want to do some around here. So I need a cool knitting graffiti-est moniker. Here is the original group. The Crew's names are hilarious, so I need something equally as awesome. Talk amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

crystal said...

That's so cool! I didn't even notice that when I was up there the other day.
I wonder when a group a knitters will start doing this in Huntington >ahem< LOL