Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolution Review

I figure just before New Year's would be a good time to review my previous year's resolutions. Let's see how we did.
  1. Have no more than 3 WIP's (works in progress) going at once. Blankets don't count on account of the time commitment. Mass produced items such as fleece blankets for GTA count as one. -Epic, Epic fail
  2. Learn a new knitting technique or two
    1. knitting socks- Woooo done, now if I could just finish the second socks
    2. knitting socks with the magic loop technique- Also done.
    3. learn to cable without cable needles- Done, but I'm not a fan.
  3. Publish something on LKC- I have submitted a pattern for the Spring Issue. I even took this a step further and submitted a pattern to the Crotchet Pattern a Day calendar
  4. Type up all of my patterns from 2007 (8 of them, well 9 there are two scarves on one page, and I'm not counting all the different HP ornaments as seperate) -I see more than 9 patterns in my sidebar.
  5. Spend less money on yarn and stuff I don't need. Maybe buy a gift card at the beginning of the month and make that my craft spending budget for the month. In general save more money. I.E. enough to go see Becca.- I did go see Becca, so this totally worked
  6. Organize all my crafts supplies and get rid of items I don't need (all my left over wedding stuff, some scrapbook stuff)- I organized my fiber stuff. I really do need to go through my scrapbook stuff
  7. Lose weight (what kind of resolution list would it be without this one)- fail
  8. Organize all our movies and CDs and made a list of them all. Replace all VHS with DVD's- Fail
It looks like I got about 4.5 of them (one half a point for 6). I'll have to think about new resolutions for this year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go through all you unwanted scrap book stuff and wrap it up for your mum for a christmas present !!!!!!!

and if you need to get rid of any shoes...clothes...you should also take them to your mum.....

from someone unknown !!!!

he he he :)