Thursday, December 18, 2008

distracted by the wheel

I got half of Dana's fiber done. I'll work on the other half while I am on Christmas vacation. I am so proud of how much like real sock yarn this looks like. I shouldn't say real, I'll go with commercial. There are some inconsistencies in the width, but it is pretty good. I Navajo plied to keep the colors together and to make it as stripey as possible. I was excited to get this half done so Dana would be able to work on it over break. And I got her leftover sweater yarn out of the deal. Some Knitpicks Swish DK in Clematis. I'm thinking gloves or convertible mitts.

And I decided to try my hand at some proper art yarn. Not the stuff that you suck at spinning so you call it art yarn. But the stuff where you make it all thick and thin on purpose and then coil it around a core thread. I used my Loop Earth Goddess batt that Deb gave me. I think I did ok. I think I am going to make it into the urchin hate from knitty. Or maybe the madge hat. I'm not sure yet.



In other news, Numbers 2, 4, and 7 are done. Two left to go and only one of those needs done before Christmas. I have decided I am going on a selfish knitting binge. I made myself a swirls cap in charcoal (the link takes you to a pic of the sample, the pattern is on Ravelry) and am going to be working on a couple more samples of a loom pattern that I submitted. To make them a bit more appropriate for a spring issue. :) And I have scarves that need knitted and a Versatility that is looking very lonely in the WIP basket.

No comments: