Monday, December 15, 2008

I can see the finish line

My roll has slowed down a bit. I got distracted by a bit of comission spinning. Dana offered me her leftover sweater yarn to spin her Optim fiber. Which I gladly did. I wanted to get about half of it done so she could start her socks over break. Plus with Christmas gifts coming in, who knows when I will get to it again.
I also did some spinning on the Dorset/Cheviot blend I dyed. It has been a while since I've tried to go bulky. I navajo plyed (i.e. 3 ply) and it is still only probably a heavy worsted/bulky. They are so right, once you spin thin, you can't go back. I actually took my wheel to Friday Night Magic at Hometown Hobbies and I got some interesting looks. Although one guy got it right. He looked at the wheel and then said "Well, it is a hobby." Maybe he will get that hat he asked me for like 3 months ago.

I got my HP Christmas Cracker swap package. Yay! I got a minature Owl Post kit complete with miniature needle felted owl to carry my messages. I am still waiting to hear if my partner got her package, but it says it was delivered.

And although I have gotten distracted, I have been quite faithful to the Christmas list. Certain things have gotten moved around because I will be seeing them after Christmas so I can take a little longer. But I finished number 8 and got a lot done on numbers 5 and 7. In fact I got a bit cocky about the whole thing and added 18 and 19 but promptly finished number 18.
1. Done
2. Not knitted but handmade, but must be fresh
3. Done
4. 66%
5. 70% 7 squares to go
6. Done
7. 75%
8. Done
9. Done
10. Done
11. Done
12. Done
13. Done
14. Done
15. Done
16. Done
17. Done
18. Done
19. 20%
And on the purchased present front, only two left to buy. And I will be picking those up this evening when I go get the only thing I forgot for my annual bake-a-thon. I swear, I got extra of sugar, flour and powdered sugar on accident, but I don't pick up the one thing I don't already have in the pantry, brown sugar. And I was all raring to start getting the doughs ready yesterday and I only got to make the chocolate chip cookies because I only had enough brown sugar for those. **sigh** When I bake, I make all the dough first and then do a massive baking day. I don't get as tired that way.

No comments: