No Kitty, that is my stash pile. Oh well, it seems that the cat has claimed at least that pile of yarn and unfinished projects. That is actually the WIP basket. See how it is full to overflowing. Yeah, not a good situation. According to Ravelry I have a total of 13 WIP's. Sigh. Someday I will finish this stuff. Someday. 
But instead I went to Yarn and More to aquire more stash. I had planned to buy some loverly laceweight merino/cashmere blend stuff. But then she told me she had just gotten Llama fiber. Well, llama is pretty much the only fiber group not represented in my stash (I am lumping all wool together cause I don't really have the room for a sample of each type of wool, but a girl can dream). The only problem with the llama is that it needed processed. Although I have to say, it is a gorgeous red brown and really wasn't that dirty. I washed it in the sink with some Euclan. It got out some dust and when I card it, I will get out more of the vegetable matter.
Here it is drying (that's about half of it). I bought 6 oz. At $3 an ounce, it was a very good deal. I wanted 4 ounces, but I figured if I am processing it myself, there might be a good deal more waste then normal. Plus it looked like such a small amount squished into the little sandwich baggies. It got a lot bigger when I took it out.
I have decided, since I have a multiple of three ounces, that I will do a three ply. Judging by this sample I spun up, it looks like it is going to be between a sport and worsted weight. It is very soft with a very fluffy halo (I am spinning it woolen from the little rolags I am making with my cards).


No comments:
Post a Comment