We had Knitting Guild at the Yarn and More last night. That was fun. I determined I cannot read or add. I have been very monogamous and have been working diligently on my Hey Teach sweater. Well, I have gotten to where I am about 20 rows away from starting the lace pattern and I though I would start looking ahead. Well I couldn't figure out how to read the chart to make all the stitches fit with the 115 I have cast on. I looked on Ravelry for ideas. I showed it to other people in the shop. No luck. Well, I read it again last night. I had completely overlooked the row right after the ribbing that had decreases that allowed the lace pattern to fit on 105 stitches. Where now the lace pattern chart makes perfect sense.
I also got a few new things yesterday. The first is this loverly spindle. Sharon's husband made and painted it. It's a Llama. I got to try it out too. It spins very well and for a very long time. These are limited edition and one of a kind. I got the first one. Neener neener neener. There are two more there now.
I also got this hat from Rachel. She made it for herself, but it didn't look right on her. I didn't see it on her so I can't confirm that. But it is so soft and squishy and lovely. I am very excited. It is a beautiful hat. I just need to remember to get the pattern for Aimee.Speaking of Aimee, this is what happens when I get a mosquito bite. We were discussing it in the car on our way home from the guild meeting. It isn't really gross, but I figured I would be nice and stick a picture of my swollen foot behind a link so not everyone would be subjected to it. I wonder if I should get this checked out for an allergy. It is still swollen, a bit sore and itchy if I touch it today.
As I said, I am trying to be monogamous to the Hey Teach Sweater. But Zach got me My Blueberry Nights for my birthday. I think I have mentioned I love Norah Jones. Well, we watched it the other night and she had a hat on at the end of the movie that I simply must make. You can see it here. Sorry for the odd picture, but it is the only still I could find with the hat. I already have the yarn for it. I just need to sit down and figure out a pattern. Maybe I'll even write it up.





No comments:
Post a Comment