
Holy crap! I finally finished Geof from my Ace of Cakes Trio. Yay. I think they turned out so well. I just need to tack on their accessories and find the fan mail address for these guys. That is turning out to be a harder proposition than I thought.

Here is that project I cast on and finished this weekend. I made one of these hats for a friend and I really liked the style. I look very good in this style hat. So I used the rest of the Cascade Pastaza I had left over from my Dumpling Bag and started this. I had some random cream wool in my stash that I did the brim and bow with. I like how it turned out. I have become very enamored with the Cascade Pastaza. Very soft and comfy. I might need to think up another project to make with it.

And finally, it is finished. After starting several different projects with this yarn, I have finally stuck with one and finished it. You all might remember that this is the yarn that was initially roving that I dyed with food coloring. Then spun on the Louet S51 at the Fiber Guild's spinning retreat. It was at one point meant to be the Sunday Market Shawl. Then it was just going to be a generic scarf. They I found the Tapestry Scarf pattern. About 6 inches into the pattern, Mandy showed me how to do the increase on one side so that it would lean the opposite direction and make the scarf more symmetrical. So I ripped it out and started again. Finally it is finished. I just need to weave in the ends and block it. I might try washing it with some conditioner to soften it up. The roving was corridale and if you add in the fact that it has become very tightly plyed because of the multiple times it was ripped out, it isn't exactly next to your skin smooth. But I'm so proud of it.


1 comment:
I still like that hat...looks like you have been busy....love you lots Mum
Post a Comment