I haven't really worked on my sweater at all. I blame...well...mostly myself, but I've had help. Monday was fiber guild night, so I mostly spun. I considered working on my sweater, but I feel rude when I use yarn I didn't buy in her store. It is one thing if she doesn't carry something suitable, but I'm sure I could have found a worsted weight yarn that I liked there. I just didn't want to put a lot of money into my first sweater. Just in case it sucked hardcore. I am cheap. I admit it. My next sweater will be a thing of amazing luxury. Does Misti alpaca come in worsted weight? If it does, I might be in trouble.
And as I said before, I just got Brisinger. Haven't read much into it because I've been doing other stuff.
I figured out a pattern for the Malabrigo. My so-called scarf. I think it will show off the color of the yarn pretty well, while still getting maximum length from the yardage I have. And remaining smooshy. But I only have like 4 rows of it done.
And I got all the stuff to make the beagle. As a crafter I am appalled that I did not have pipecleaners in my craft stash. I mean really. I don't know if I can even call myself a crafter anymore. But I only got part of the body on that done yesterday.
The real time suck. The thing that has kept me away from craftiness ( haven't even baked the beads I made is how bad I've been) is Lego Batman. I love the Lego videogame series. I was hooked when we got Star Wars. Zach and I play the game together and we work really well together. Although we both got a bit cranky last night, I think we were both too tired. But we did play for about 4 hours straight. The really fun part is after we have cleared the game in story mode and we get to go back and do the free play. We blow each other up a lot and we have more fun cause it isn't so important and we know what we are doing the second time around.
I have SnB tonight and I am on the stockinette portion of my sweater. No complicated stitch patterns to mess up while I am talking so it is a great project for SnB.
P.S. Haley's Cornbread Pie recipe is fantastic. It is the tex-mex version of those homestyle bakes (which are so easy to make with two cans of soup and some bisquick, I refuse to buy the kits)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sweater? What sweater?
Yesterday, I had a sick day from work and I totally brought the squirrel sweater out of hibernation. It had only been neglected out of boredom... not ill-fitting sleeves like another item which will not be named.
Also... Yay cornbread pie!
Post a Comment