Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm in trouble

I finally got my birthday present from Zach. It is late through no fault of his. Nintendo kept delaying its release date. Last week I finally got it. It is called Harvest Moon. All you do in the game is farm and try to make friends. It is kind of lame, but it is soooooo addictive. I just can't help myself. It is the reason the last time I updated was in September. That and I have been really faithful to the sweater so I haven't had much to update about it.

But I did get a few things done before it sucked me in

As you know I had been wanting the Interweave Felt magazine so I could get the pattern for the needle felted beagles. Well I did, and this is what I came up with. It turned out pretty well. The eyes are kind of big and give it a "precious moments" kind of look. But Heidi makes that face all the time, so I thought it was appropriate. I used Llama fiber for the brown. That was a bit difficult because the fibers are so long. So the needle felted version is a lot fluffier than the real one.
















I also took part in a swap on my Harry Potter Crafts Yahoo Group. We had to transfigure one of those little mint/candy tins into something else. I made an emergency potions kit. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon of what my partner sent me. I can't wait. I've seen the stuff she has made for previous swaps and I am super excited.

No comments: