Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What I did last week

So a little update on what I have been crafting. For the most part, I have been working on Halloween costumes. I made Smurfette's dress and hat. Sewing and crochet respectively
















Then of course I have been working on my costume. Though if it doesn't warm up by this weekend, I might have to fall back on the old Gryffindor costume. But I am pretty sure this one turned out great. I got a lot of compliments on it. Most of the outfit was aquired from Goodwill, but I sewed the apron and crocheted myself a cat. Mostly cause I couldn't find a stuffed cat that fit in my budget. I have included a picture of the Crazy Cat Lady for reference.















I decided to learn how to needle tat. I have been interested for a while (ever since I saw Haley do it), but I couldn't find the needles. I finally did and I spent quite a bit of time on the internet looking stuff up. I think I've been doing stuff wrong. I am going to practice a bit more and see if I can figure out how to fix it. But if not, Haley said she would teach me on Thursday. I should probably wait until then, cause I have other things I should be working on. But here is an example of my first attempt.











I had Fiber guild last night. Look at all those spinners. I actually got a lot done. I finished up half of my Loop batts, so I took that off the spindle and started the other half. Hopefully I'll have that done soon so I can ply it up. That stuff is gorgeous. And I borrowed Judy's hand cards so I got some more of my Llama combed out. I didn't think about it until I got there, but I should have sent a message to the group asking someone to bring their drum carder and I could have gotten it all done while I was there. Oh well. I will probably be working more on my Loop spinning anyway.











And on a side note, the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks is fan-freakin-tastic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for stuff! And yay for tatting!! Yours doesn't look that bad. It does look like you either aren't making the stitches tight enough or maybe are using the wrong size needle for your thread. But it's hard to tell from the picture. Isn't it fun!?!

Oh..and your costume? FABULOUS! Ha! You look just like her!

Deeners said...

I am using size 10 thread with the size 5? needle. It is what the package sent. I have two strands of thread running through all my stitches and I have discovered this is wrong. I am going to try again tonight and see if I can figure it out. Found a better site with better pics.

Ursula said...

Awesome costumes! Can't decide which I like best - they're both perfect! Thanks for the tip on the salted caramel hot chocolate...I'll try it tomorrow!

crystal said...

OH I'm so glad you put some pictures up! Those are such rockin' costumes!!!

Anonymous said...

The costumes are "fan-freakin-tastic"! ;-)

You did an awesome job!

I'm going to make it to the fiber guild some time ... it looks like lots of fun!

Lesley Ann