Monday, October 13, 2008

Holy Crap!!! It's finished

I finished my Hey, Teach! sweater. I started the seaming at SnB on Thursday and stayed up late to get it done and get the buttons on it. I am so flippin' excited. I didn't take a close up picture of my seams, but I should have. I learned how to do a mattress seam for the sides and you totally can't tell where the seam is. It is magical. I wore it to work on Friday without blocking it and made Zach take pictures. I know it won't block really since it is made of acrylic yarn (Caron Simply Soft to be exact), but I think it will help even the whole thing out with a little stretching and pulling. Looking at the pictures, I do wish I had made the stockinette section longer. Maybe add a couple inches. It isn't a huge deal to me. After seeing the Yarn Harlot finish her version, I was inspired to just do the three buttons at the top like she did. Of course mine just came from AC Moore, unlike hers which were from London. I am going to hand wash it and then probably wear it on Thursday to show off. And all the drama with the sleeves was worth it, they turned out exactly the right length.

Thank Zach for the lovely pictures. I have a very obliging husband who was woken up to see the finished object (he went to bed before I did) and agreed to take pictures of me in it. These pictures are much better than just a picture of the sweater laid flat.

P.S. for those who haven't seen me in a while, I got new glasses (I don't wear them all the time, just when I want to feel extra nerdy) and I got highlights and cut my hair short.


















I have already started looking for my next sweater. I think I am going to make it out of Malabrigo. And yes Mom, I have finished a sweater for myself, there is now the possiblity that you will one day get your aran cabled cardigan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!!! It's fantastic! You look great in it!! Exclamation Points!!!!

I completely agree on the sleeves; they look perfect on your figure. You did a fantastic job. And even though blocking caron won't affect the acrylic too much, I definitely think it will smooth out the stitches and help them lay perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Oh so lovely! I love the sleeves and you look great in it. I hope I can make it thursday to see you in person in it.

Anonymous said...

Nadine
You look great...I like your hair and oh yes the sweater is awesome too.....
Love you guys
Mum

Anonymous said...

That sweater is fantastic...man if only I could commit myself to such a big project...in other news I went and fondled three differnt weights of Malabrigo today at The Yarn Haven...the laceweight is just spectacular.

much love you you lovely ladies!
kristen