For Zach's costume I made a brain slug from Futurama. It is my friend Haley's pattern. It was super quick and easy. He is very usually anti-effort when it comes to Halloween costumes. But he let me make this for him. It is small and it has clips on the bottom so it will stay in his hair.
I have decided to go as the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons. I was going to go as Ms. Swan from MadTV, but I couldn't find fabric for the apron and I couldn't do the accent right. So I went to Goodwill and started grabbing all the clothing in pink that I could. I just have to sew the apron and put an edging on my shirt. I am looking for a bunch of stuffed animal cats. I can't wait. It will be fun.I submitted the pattern for my crochet socks to http://www.knittingpatternaday.com/whysubmit.htm I am very excited and very nervous. I hope it gets in. Unfortunately, I probably won't know for quite a while if I got in. The nice thing with submitting it to the calendar is that I keep all my rights to it so I can submit it to something else or post it with the rest of my patterns. I might make it free once it is done, then make a snazzier pair and go for a magazine next time. I'm not sure what I would do to snazz it up. Maybe some colorwork or a lacy stitch pattern.


1 comment:
I can't believe I missed this post. I thought I was up to date. I fail.
Anyway... your brain slug looks faboo!! For some reason, I managed to make 2.9 brain slugs. The third one doesn't have it's ruffled tentacles finished. :P
I think going as the cat lady is hilarious! You should find a gray wig and throw it around in the dirt and such for a bit to make it look nice and grody. You should maybe also do some whiskey shots to roughen up your vocal cords. ;-) or just for fun.
Post a Comment