Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm a little behind

We had a Ravelry Meetup on Saturday (10-18). I didn't think to take any pictures. I need to get better about that.

Blair gave me silk hankies for spinning. Yay for new stuff. Boy you know when you need to moisturize with those suckers. They stick to every bit of dry skin. Ashes tried to lick them. Cats' tongues are very rough. I had to pry the hankies off of her tongue. I think she learned her lesson. Of course I had to start spinning it up right away. I am liking it a lot. The colors are very bright in the hankies, but tone down a bit with spinning and even more with plying. Not too much, but just enough that this will definitely make something wearable.












So I don't know why this has never occured to me before. October is my month to live vicariously through my friends as far as fibery purchases go. Everybody is having a birthday it seems. Well, Rachel bought some Alpaca Sox and ended up with one skein too much. I told her I would love to take it off her hands, but the no yarn purchase thing was a hinderance. She suggested a trade and told me to go through my stash and see if I had anything to get rid of. I don't know why it never occured to me. So I traded some sock yarn of my own for her Alpaca Sox. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mm alpaca sox. I have that in a black/grey color. Why haven't I knit that yet???