Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Since this blog is supposed to be about things I make

A little update on what I've been working on. March and April were months were I was supposed to be working on things that have been languishing. I did stick to that, but I didn't really ever finish anything except a hat I can't show you yet. I just bounced around from project to project and did a bit of work on a lot of different things. This post is all going to be things I've recently finished or am working on. Notice none of them are knit or crochet. I've lost a bit of that mojo. I think in the past week I have cast on and ripped out about 4 or 5 projects. All very very different from each other. Thank goodness I do a lot of other crafts.


Such as jewelry making. A present for my Mom for Mother's day. It was made from this tutorial. Very easy. I wish I wore jewelry.

And I'm sewing. Actually I'm hemming. This summer we are supposed to be doing some veil work in my belly dance class. Super Excited! So I've started working on my veil. It is blue and sparkly!!! But I forgot how much fun it is to do a proper hem on chiffon (insert sarcasm here).


I lied, this is crochet. Beaded crochet. But notice I don't have much done on either piece. I am going to use them as demonstration pieces when I show my guild how to do beaded crochet. It is so much fun. And these will really show over how using different size beads can really make it look cool.


And some embroidery. Again for bellydance. I needed a bag to carry around my hip scarf (and soon my veil). I think it needs some shiny added. I ripped out my last hip scarf I made because it was too big (yay) and I'm thinking the sequins need to be added to this bag. I also need to wash it to get off the transfer lines, but I keep using it.



And the results from that potholder swap I was in. I sent 5 potholders out and got these 5 in return. Love them. I need to say thank you on Ravelry. Then I can remove the tags and get them into rotation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the necklace - thanks for the tutorial link as well.