Since I had guild retreat and an event at Heritage Farm, I've got some new Etsy store items ready to be listed. And I've gotten rid of a few older things that have been hanging around. It was eye opening. Things that have never really sold on my Etsy store, flew off of the display at guild. I think I might look into more local things. The problem is a lot of my items are of a very narrow focus (knitters, spinners, fiber people) that I don't do so well with the general public. I guess I could do fiber events, but I'm not really that scale yet.
I do have a random idea, but I need to research the logistics of it. I read a lot of blogs, most of them crafty. On the fiber ones, I see a lot of pictures of WIP's in project bags. I need to find out the protocol in getting a few of my bags into the hands of some better known bloggers. Can I just send them out and cross my fingers that they end up in a picture with one of their WIP's? I would probably feel guilty sending it as a "present" when my intentions are not nearly that selfless.
But the real reason for this post is because all of the stuff I've been doing means new stuff in the store. Yay! I will be adding new stuff for a while, probably over the next week. I try to space it out to get more exposure on the newly listed page. But I love this bag. I have two of them up now. I think I am going to have to go get more of this fabric to make my own bag (for once).
And these are a new item. Just about the perfect size to be a business card holder. I have one in my knitting bag to hold business cards and one in my purse to hold stitch markers for the current purse knitting project (my yoga/belly dance socks). Cute and fairly easy to make. In fact most of the ones I've made have come from scraps from making the bags.
And I have a page for the store on Facebook now. You get a boring link instead of a like button because I can't figure out how to make it give me the code.


1 comment:
Hello, I couldn't find your email so I thought I would leave this little thank you here :)
I just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments at Sew Mama Sew on my Game Time Picnic Quilt tutorial. It really means a lot to know people like the project and the tutorial.
As a way of saying thank you, I wanted to let you know about a giveaway I am having at my blog in celebration of being featured at Sew Mama Sew. You can find it here.
http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/2011/06/fat-quarter-shop-and-sponsor-giveaway.html.
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)
- Melissa Corry
Post a Comment