Guild Retreat was in the middle of April. I know, I am behind. I'm slowly getting caught up.
But guild retreat was amazing. The perfect weekend getaway. And exactly what I needed. We had so much fun.
How about a list with some linkage:Where to start. The games were amazing and hilarious. The sheep fashion show was the highlight for me. We have such creative and funny women in our group. I love getting the chance to spend time with them. And in such a serene setting. I even went for a run. The wind was a bit crazy.
And in true guild retreat fashion, I did come away with quite the stash. Heidi is guarding it for me.
- Brittany Needles- Size G crochet hook. So pretty. Almost scared to use it. I'm not exactly gentle on my crochet hooks
- Ewe and I originals- City Lights Sock Pattern. Such a nice pattern. I can't wait to give it a try.
- Figheadh- Chiagoo crochet hook. I love the chiagoo needles I have, I imagine the crochet hook will be just as lovely.
- Good News Llamas- This one holds a special place in my heart. The Kniddy Knoddy I got came with a lovely story and it is my first real kniddy knoddy. My other one I made myself out of pvc pipe. And Judy traded me some yarn for fiber from their amazing llama, Gilligan. I literally sit there with my hand in the bag and drool.
- Nistock Farm- 8oz Cotswold Fiber. I'm excited about this. I've never used Cotswold fiber and it looks lovely. And the dye job on the wool is beautiful. I did a bit of research and I haven't spun a lot of long wools (except for Romney) so I am excited to get to play with it.
- Overland Hand Crafts- Threading hook. It is tiny and matches my wheel. Super excited. Love it!
- Spinderella- Gift Certificates. The best part is I won and traded to get these certificates without knowing what their store had. And I was complaining about needing to get some fleece processed all weekend. Turns out, they process fleece. Win!
- Textile Garden- shawl pins. Oh yes, these will be used. Summer is shawl weather for me because of the air conditioning around here. A pin or two will be very handy. And they are gorgeous.
- Slipped Stitch Studios- Cupcake bag of awesome. I am a bag hoar. I love project bags. I make and sell project bags, but I like nothing more than an adorable project bag. And it has cupcakes!!!
- Firefly Fields-Finn/Silk Roving. I'm not very familiar with the Finn breed, but if it all feels like this stuff, I will be hooked. And the silk makes it so luscious.
- Cathy Flashman- Quiviut. Oh yeah baby, I got me some quiviut. It is as amazing in person as it is in my dreams.
And that is just the stuff I won in the door prizes. Our goodie bags were loaded this year. Yarn and fiber samples, soap lotions, full magazines, bokmarks, felting kits, WPI tools. So many amazing things. We had quite the list of sponsors this year.


1 comment:
What an incredible haul you got! I'm a little jealous!
Post a Comment