Thursday, March 24, 2011

I am a Genius!

Although I am really slow at posting. March was going to be my month of working on and finishing WIP's (works in progress). Unfortunately I was distracted by swaps and shiny new things. And I can't seem to stick to one WIP. So I am getting a small amount of work done on a couple different projects.

Before I get to telling you about the things I worked on instead of my WIPS, I will tell you why I am a genius. I sit on my couch when I spin and my new wheel sits much higher than the old one. So I was having trouble with large bumps of fiber building up because I would forget to move my flyer hook down. So I figured out how to rig up a mirror so I can see my bobbin when I am sitting down. It is adjustable. this one is the first attempt. It is a little rough, but it works. I think the next one will go smoother and I will put a design on the back.

I forgot to take pictures of one swap I was in. I wouldn't be able to show you anyway because we haven't finished and they are secret. It was a neat swap in which we made a bunch of small items and sent to one person. She would then split all the items up so we would get a box back with a bunch of different things. I'm very excited to get mine. And this swap type is apparently my fave right now. I'm also doing a potholder swap. Same principle. Send 5 potholders, get 5 different ones back. I nearly failed but they are super nice and worked with me so they didn't have to send them back. I need to remember not to mail things on a Monday before coffee.









the other reason I am a genius is that I finally learned how to do beaded crochet. I am a bit obsessed and it may have distracted me from my WIP's. but look at how pretty! I am going to teach some other ladies in my guild how to do it. They seemed very interested when I showed my bracelet off at our meeting.


Speaking of the guild meeting, I won! My hat won first place! My bag didn't place, but it was close. Someone made a sweater... there were some great entries in that competition so I didn't mind losing at all. So now I have some fiber monies to spend. Yay!


P.S. It's spring!!! Which I equate with Easter candy. There are a lot of jellybean types out there now.

No comments: