Thursday, October 9, 2008

still not coming up for air

Harvest Moon still has me in its grip. Hence I have no finished objects to show off.

Besides the fact that I had a yarn crisis regarding the sweater. I finished a sleeve. Finally one that was the right size and I had cast on the right number of stitches for it. As I held it up to my sweater, I realized it was the wrong color. I freaked out. I bought a bag from AC Moore that was of factory mill ends of Caron Simply Soft in Dark Country Blue. I made sure before I left the store to match it to the regular skeins of that color so that I wouldn't be surprised when I got it home. It matched. Since I already had 3 skeins at home and Caron Simply Soft is a no dyelot yarn, I felt safe and brought the bag home. Well I discovered the color discretion and ran to AC Moore to get one more skein. I thought maybe I just hadn't checked closely enough. Well I got there and the sweater (made from the older skeins of the same color) didn't match the skeins at the store. So I had no way of even buying more skeins. And since there is no dyelot, I would have a heck of a time getting more that matched what I had. I couldn't even remember the time period I bought them in. So I go home and start digging through the stash hoping maybe I could get away with doing the sleeves and edgings in a complimentary color. Well lo and behold, since this yarn was meant to be 2 other sweaters before it became this one, I had pieces of those crocheted up in my WIP basket. Those suckers were frogged immediately. So thankfully I have enough to finish. And it should be done soon. With all 4 sleeves.

I received my Transfiguration swap package. I knew it was going to be awesome. She had cross stitched the Hogwarts house crest. And even made me a couple pins. It is fantastic. I need to bring it to work to hold my jewelry because I am notorious for wearing earrings or a bracelet to work and then taking it off halfway through the day. I need a nice centralized location to keep them.









I do surveys online, and I earn money. But not real money. Like I can't trade what I've earned in for real cash, but I can trade it in for the stuff they have on their website. One of the prizes is $15 in Borders Bucks. It used to be that it would be split up so you would get $5 per month for the next 3 months. They changed it so you get all of it at once. Zach didn't really need anything so I went and bought a few things for me. I got the new Interweave crochet cause there was a bunch of cute stuff. I was going to get the Spin Off, but I wasn't thrilled with the issue. Instead I got what I thought was the new Yarn Harlot book (It is actually the one before her newest one). It is a really cute book. It has different quotes on each page with a little funny message or story about how the quote relates to knitting. Also some funny "You know you knit too much when..." of which I have qualified for just about every one of them so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peanut Farm!!!

DaCraftyLady said...

I have this book and love it the "At Knits End" it has so many good sayings... :)