Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where did I leave off?

Oh yes. Well the sickness seems to be just about over. I am still a bit stuffy and require a good nose blowing every 5 minutes or so, but I'm doing much better. That persistent cough thing they gave me the inhaler for has come back some. But I am on antibiotics and cold medicine so I don't know how that will react with the inhaler so I am laying off at least until I'm done with the antibiotics. But doing much better than I was. So the weekend equaled sickness with minimal craftyness. So I suppose I shall start with Monday.

Monday:
Kerie from SnB messaged me on Ravelry about a fiber guild that meets in Southpoint, OH once a month. They spin (yarn) and we had discussed finding a class to learn how. Good thing is, this meeting was free (unlike a class would be) and we could go give it a whirl, see if it really interested us (beyond a curiosity thing) and stuff like that. Well, I was still sick, but I went to work to prove I wasn't too sick to go play with yarn. Well, not only were they very nice about us staring and oogling them as they spun, but they gave us spindles and wool roving to play with. And Deb taught us how to use the spindles. So now I'm hooked. Or spun? So I now have another crafty related meeting to go to. Only once a month. Very exciting. After like 3.5 years here I am developing a social life.
Look, yarn I spun myself. I still have to ply it, but I hope to make enough to put a little dye to and make a scarflet out of. It's ending up a little bulky so I think that will be the best way to go.






Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much uneventful. Some spinning, a bit of crocheting on some projects. That's about it.
Thursday:
Kerie at SnB today. She is like the designated knitting teacher of the group. She is good at it. Mostly the picture is to show her knitting needles, with WIP's, in her hair.

Before knitting group today, I got to go to the LYS in Ashland, KY. It is called Yarn and More. I'm in love. The reason I went, is because they have spinning supplies. I had found some wool roving online, but I wanted to see what she had locally. Support local stores and all that jazz. Well I am very glad I did. Also, I wanted to see what 1 pound of wool roving looks like. It is a lot. So I bought 1 lb of undyed roving. Although there was some roving dyed by a local woman that was very very tempting. And I bought a wooden spindle. Can't wait to try it out. I Kool-Aid dyed some roving when I got home today. If I screw it up, I'm out a bit of roving and the cost of the Kool-Aid instead of the really pretty stuff. Although she had a Monet like colorway I don't think I'll be able to resist the next time.

Oh, and I got chosen to be on the blog book tour for Isela Phelp's new book Learn to Knit Cables on Looms. Holy Crap I'm excited. I get the booklet and I get to tell you all how amazing this book is going to be. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get one of the projects on the loom so I can really give a good review. I am eying up the mitts or maybe the hat. You know, I should get all of my patterns typed up so people will see them when they come to visit. At least the loom knit ones. Must think up witty and original questions. All I can think of are Monty Python and the Holy Grail questions. What is your name? What is your favorite color? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? And now I want to watch Monty Python...**sigh**

No comments: