Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finished things and organizing

Look! I finished a sock. And I hate it. The yarn is not good for socks. 100% cotton = no give = giant holes at my short rows. And the yarn looks like I spilled orange Koolaid on it. Just little rows of about 5 stitches here and there have a distinctly orange tint. So I bound of this one (It doesn't evens stretch to fit on my foot) and called it a day. I will use the rest of that yarn to make dishclothes or something.


But Teresa's scarf is coming along nicely. The charcoal color doesn't really allow you to see all of the detail. I am also playing with taking pictures only in natural light. Working much better than my flash. I need to pick up a piece of white poster board for a background and I will be set. And it is much easier now with my new setup. New setup? Don't worry, I'm getting to that.



I realized that I am due to make my donation to GTA soon. So I worked on that most of the weekend. Once I was able to find it all, I realized I had a lot of "baby" yarn. Yay for clearing out the stash. More room for new stuff.





There is peace. They were like 5 inches from each other and sleeping peacefully while I was present. I was shocked and snapped a picture to prove it happened.






ORGANIZATION!!!! I finally bought two more of those big plastic shelf drawer thingys and organized my yarn by color. (in addition to the two I already have downstairs for other crafting goodness) No more giant bottomless totes holding my yarn. If I want blue yarn, I open up the second drawer of the set closest to the couch and ta da! blue yarn. As you can also see, no more digging through all of my looms to find them. They are nicely arranged in artistic fashion on the wall. Tracey, ignore the large pile of khaki and cream goodness there on the right. :) And on the left you can see my toolbox that holds all of my hooks, needles, and notions (at 97 cents was the awesomest buy at walmart). And I have one small tote left for WIP's and UFO's. And I have small plastic boxes for my needle felting and uber varigated yarn. The stuff that I had no idea what color to file it under. So it is all organized. Very very excited about this. You can see that drawer set number 2 blocks that door, but it is on wheels and can easily be moved out of the way when it becomes warm enough to venture onto the balcony/when we have company. Actually both sets are on wheels for that purpose. Which, I'm supposed to be planning a party at some point. Must remember to do that.

1 comment:

Haley said...

My first "sock" got frogged. It would have fit an elephant. I like to say I did it on purpose, but in reality I didn't care to take the time to do the math. I did enough of it to learn basic functions of things and where stuff needs to go. So now I'm making socks that fit people without a pattern! wee!

P.S. Hope you guys have fun at stitch n bitch tonight. My sinuses gathered their forces and seriously attacked this week. I lost my voice on tuesday and haven't got it back yet. :( Hopefully I'll see you guys next week.