Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas with Mom

We spent the past weekend with my mom and her boyfriend, Brian. We had a late Christmas celebration. She liked her hat and scarf set. See her modeling attempt at left. I made out with some great haul. I got Isela Phelp's Loom Knitting Primer. A great book. And some looms to go with it. Got the long purple Knifty knitter so my Knifty Knitter set is complete. I got some socks. I know I'm forgetting stuff and she is going to yell at me when I talk to her. But I have to say my favorite item was Charmed Knits. I have been wanting this forever. I mean come on, Harry Potter plus knitting has to equal awesome. Well, apparently everyone did think it was the perfect gift for me. So perfect that they figured someone else would have already gotten it for me. Yay for mom for taking a risk. Oh and a knitting calendar too. One of the page a day ones.

Aww they are exhausted from all the fun








Got some knitting done on my first sock. Almost to the heel. Like 1.5 inches left. Pattern from Knitty






So this is what my FIL's scarf was supposed to look like. Oooooh...Ahhhhh!!! Look at that lovely cable pattern I made up. Fear my mad designing skills. Well, until it started rolling into a tube. Kind of defeats the purpose of a decorative cable if it is on the inside of a tube. And of course since it was knit in acrylic, no blocking or ironing to get it to stay flat. So I ripped it up.








And turned it into this. A mock rib crocheted scarf. Got it halfway done when I ran out of yarn. Going to AC Moore to get some more today. So close to having Christmas presents done I can taste it. What is that you say? It's after Christmas? pish posh. It's still cold so they will still be useful. I hope

No comments: