Friday, December 7, 2007

Mission: Baby Shower complete


Angela's and Lisa's Baby shower was last night. I finished Lisa's Lion baby bath wrap yesterday at lunch, finally. There is something about row after row after row of single crochet that makes me want to die. Angela's has been done for a while. She got a blanket, booties and a hat. They both went over very well. I sat by the fireplace and got sleepy after eating pizza. So a very good party. It was even over early enough for me to sneak of to Stitch 'n Bitch. I sense this will become a weekly occurance. They are having a party this Saturday. Silly grandma celebrating Hanukkah/Christmas this weekend. Well, it really isn't her choice. But still, Zach found these http://veganyumyum.com/2007/06/knit-night-cupcakes/ How flippin' awesome would these have been to make for a knitting party? Well obviously pretty awesome since that is why the lady made them to begin with.

Well I hate row after row of single crochet except when making Amigurumi things. Which is my newest craze. Essentially defined as some sort of animal or object crocheted adorably cute and misshapen using single crochets done in the round. There are books and patterns and I want to make them all. My favorite book (only known by the title) is Amigurumi Super Cute Happy Crochet. How could you not want to own that book? P.S. This adorable, head-heavy turtle is a Christmas present for one of my work studies, Dana. You know. The one who decorated my office Christmas tree. Yup. At least I reward them for work well done.
I finished my Jayne Cobb hat from the t.v. show Firefly. I loom knit this on the Yellow Knifty Knitter. Dear God is it ugly. but I think it is quite spot on. It is actually very comfy. I will get the pattern up here soon.

And from someone who is much better at pattern writing then myself, we have Victorian Lace Christmas Ornaments. http://loomlady.blogspot.com/ Lovely easy pattern = very lovely easy (and inexpensive) Christmas gifts

No comments: