Monday, June 7, 2010

Sew-Sew-Sew

I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. I finally got around to sewing some new bags for the store. And even made one for myself. I don't think I would sell them made from this fabric. It unravels very easy. But it looks awesome.

And a little sneak peak at my sock in progress. Yes, that is colorwork. It actually isn't too bad and goes pretty fast when I actually work on it.

Why wouldn't I be working on my knitting, you might ask. Because of Haley. It is all her fault. See we have established I'm a bit of a craft hoar. And I'm not very monogamous to my projects. But she has gotten me infatuated with embroidery. I'm not super at it. I think I need to work on my patience and making my stitches more even.

But this will become a dishtowel for a swap partner. I want to make myself one of these. And another one with a burger and shake on it. Yay!


And this one was actually the first embroidery I did. It got turned into a bag. I already have another bag with a pattern transfered on. I am just trying to be better about finishing some things before I start on it. Oh and I have become a little obsessed with making skirts.

This skirt came from a tutorial on Freshly Picked for the Elastic Waistband Skirt. And even better, it has pockets! I love it. Since it is so full, it turned out a bit short. And it is very poofy on top. I need to wear it with something very fitted on top so I don't look ginormous.

This skirt is a rectangle with an elastic waistband. But I love the material. Even if I forgot how much of a pain jersey knits can be to work with. But it wasn't too bad. I love this skirt.

And this skirt turned out super fun. I had some fabric in my stash that wasn't very wide. Maybe 2 feet. And on one edge it has embroidery and eyelet lace. I want to say it might be for curtain valences. That is the only thing I could think of. Or maybe the edge of a dust ruffle. Anyway. I cut it in lengths about 6 inches longer than my hip measurement. I think I got 5 pieces out of it, but I only used 4. I then layered them and sewed them together. Sewed up the back with about 1/2 an each selvage (adjusting for uneven edges). And I put it on at that point to figure out where I wanted it to hit and sewed in an elastic waistband. I love it. It turned out just like I wanted it to. That doesn't happen too often when you are winging it.

No comments: