Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I have returned...

from the conference mostly in one piece. My feet still hurt a bit from walking too much. And I fell like I need a week of good sleep to catch back up. There were many days I would get to the conference hotel (from the one I was staying at) between 7 and 8 AM and not get back to my hotel until 10 or 11 PM. But the couple of days I got to stay at my in-laws before the conference was lovely. I drooled over Tracey's sewing machine and serger. The sewing machine has a touch screen interface for goodness' sake. Note to self: I need to get out mine to sew up my swap partners stuff. And then Tracey said her next big purchase will be a felting machine. At that point my brain melted. Instead of sitting there with a hand held puncher, this thing works like a sewing maching but instead of a sewing needle it has 5 felting needles. I will definitely be planning a long visit after that is aquired, maybe a month or so :) .
Tracey used her lovely sewing machine (or maybe her old one, these bags apparently gave her fits) to make me a little bag. I promptly decided it was the perfect sock project bag. No more losing DPNs in the knitting bag for me.







And why would I need a sock project bag? Because I am hooked. I finished my first (We shall no longer talk about the other one I tried to make. We will consider it to be some sort of cozy so as not to taint the good name of socks everywhere) sock. Using Magic Stripes Yarn from Lion Brand. I am using the pattern on the ball band, which I just discovered you can get on the lion brand pattern website, and also just discovered that the yarn is discontinued. That would explain why I got it for $1. But it is lovely and fits so well. I am having no problem with SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). In fact, it is already cast on. My only problem comes with resisting the urge to cast on another pair of socks. The only thing preventing me is that I don't have size 2 DPN's. Oh and they will be lovely socks.


An elephant I crocheted for Ashley















BECCA, DO NOT CLICK here, here or here. You will ruin your birthday present. But it turned out so well I had to share. I got the pattern here...sort of...I did a lot of changes. But I got the basic premise from this pattern.

No comments: