and I am a giant freaking nerd. I was curious about who comes to my blog. I know some people who read it, but I am getting some comments from people I don't know. I was curious to see how people were finding me. Probably some through Ravelry, my Yahoo groups. Mostly I just wanted to see how many people read my blog.
So I was reading blogs and some of them had counters, maps, fancy things that told them were everyone was from. I couldn't decide. Well, today at work I checked on our advertising we do using Google Adwords. The answer knocked me in the head. There was a big ad for Google Analytics. I got it hooked up and it tells me how many people come to my site, how often, do they come back, what page they are referred from. No names, but that isn't really important, it does tell me where they are from location wise. It showed that on the 8th, I doubled my readership. What the hell did I do on the 8th? I've spent like 1/2 an hour going over all of these statistics, playing with settings, having fun reading pages and pages of charts and numbers. I was super impressed by the fabulous pie chart telling me that 77 percent of my visitors are new and 23 percent are returning viewers. A pie chart...excited...statistics?
I am amused by my nerdiness. But more than anything, I am wondering what I did on the 8th.
Ah Ha!!! I figured it out. I posted a comment on the Yarn Harlot's blog. ...OMG!!! Did the Yarn Harlot visit my blog!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
*considers mocking your nerdiness* *runs off to google analytics instead*
Ha! We totally commented on the same harlot entry.
Post a Comment