Contest Over! Winner here!
So I have a new item in my Etsy Store (finally). Well, this is actually the second new item that has made it to the shop recently, since the box bag design worked out well. But the newest item are my Paper Bead Stitch markers.
They are made from the pages of old yarn catalogs such as Webs and Knitpicks. No two are exactly the same. But I love how well they show off the pretty colors that you often see in the catalogs.
They come with different sizes and styles of finding. And since they are made to order, you can request what you use the most often. You could get them so you can use them for crochet. Or even the snagless kind.
You can even pick out what size bead you want to go with the finding you want.
Small
Medium
Or Large
Now since I have this new item, I have some questions that I hope my readers can help me with. If you could take a look at the listing and let me know what you think. Is it good? Does it make sense? If you like crochet stitch markers, what type of finding do you like? Should it close, be open, big, small? Do you like the lobster claws? How do you like to receive your stitch markers? I am going to make a card to attach them to. How to attach them; small plastic bag, sewn to the card, set into holes cut in the card?
What is your motivation to help me out? A free set of stitch markers! So leave your comment here, on Ravelry, or on Etsy and I will add you to the list. I will do a drawing by random number at Noon (EST) on Friday, November 18, 2011. Good luck and thank you for your help.
Now since I have this new item, I have some questions that I hope my readers can help me with. If you could take a look at the listing and let me know what you think. Is it good? Does it make sense? If you like crochet stitch markers, what type of finding do you like? Should it close, be open, big, small? Do you like the lobster claws? How do you like to receive your stitch markers? I am going to make a card to attach them to. How to attach them; small plastic bag, sewn to the card, set into holes cut in the card?
What is your motivation to help me out? A free set of stitch markers! So leave your comment here, on Ravelry, or on Etsy and I will add you to the list. I will do a drawing by random number at Noon (EST) on Friday, November 18, 2011. Good luck and thank you for your help.


22 comments:
cool! i used to make these when i was a kiddie..the less dangle the better when it comes to a stitch marker (at least for me) i find the stiffer ones with less length are easier to move back and forth when im turning my work..like the large bead ring looks too big/long and dangly..the small and medium look great! I like when they are sewn to a card or in some sort of baggy...its the little touches i find that keep me coming back to certain stores.. i hope this was helpful!
Very pretty! I use to make these too..paper bead necklaces! I love your idea of making them into stich markers!
The listing makes perfect sense to me!
I love snagless stitch markers!
very unique. great idea. Rav amchart
I like the snagless feature and a smaller size would be my first choice. Thank you for a fun giveaway.
What a clever and pretty idea! My suggestion for your listing is that you show one complete set of five markers. The listing begins with "This set of five stitch markers" but you don't actually see a representative sample of what you're purchasing. But overall I think it's a really great product. Good luck!
I like the snagless style of stitch markers in the small size. I think it would help if you had a picture of each size made in a sample. A lot of people needs pictures instead of just a description. I would be fine with the stitch markers were sent to me in a small plastic bag. It is a very cute idea, each marker will be unique.
I think your description is perfect.
Packaging - I think a small plastic bag is the easiest way = they stay together, and you don't risk them coming off a paper card.
nhsarab at yahoo dot com
nhsarab at ravelry.
I love your idea. Paper beads are so colorful and what a way to reuse such pretty images. I don't care for big dangly stitch markers either. I think a photo of the different types of features would be helpful perhaps a photo of one of each kind done in one size would be helpful.
lotsofhermies on Rav
Great idea - plus you are recycling yarn magazines!
Environmentally friendly markers are going to be welcome. I have stopped useing bead markers because of the problem with snagging, so was impressed to see that your produce a snagless marker. It is not a problem that they do not match each other as it can be handy to have different colours especially when knitting in the round, as you need a stand out one to show it is the end of round marker. The listing was comprehensive and explicit in what the buyer will receive, and manages expectations by stating the time it takes for an order to be despatched.
Gimme gimme gimme!
Er, I mean, they're awesome! They look great and your listing makes perfect sense. As for packaging, maybe attached to a card in a plastic bag? Makes for a pretty presentation and still protects the markers from being pulled off the card accidentally.
They are very pretty. Your listing looks good. I prefer the small ones with a lobster clasp. For sending, I have seen other stitch markers put on a big safety pin or shawl pin. I would love to win! Thanks, Debbie
I, too, think it would be good to have a completed set or two shown as sample,perhaps with two small, two medium, and one large, and/or all of one size. I love the idea of using the yarn catalog pages for the beads and was glad to learn they are coated to make them smooth. Wrapping them in tissue and placing them in a plastic bag with your card included would be a good way to package them. Hope you can get the word out because I think these would be a big hit.
What a great idea!! I think your listing is very clear, and makes perfect sense. I especially like the photo showing the diffeent sizes and findings...very helpful. Letting people decide exactly what they want is a super idea.
I hope you sell a million sets!
I think overall it looks great. My one suggestion is in regards to the main picture. I would probably honestly scroll past these thinking it ended up in my search accidentally because there are no rings on any of the beads. They look like they're just beads and not actual stitch markers, which could cause some people to not even give them a further glance to see that they are stitch markers. I really like the look of the first picture a lot so maybe just make a pile of fully completed stitch markers and take a similar picture?
I love them!!! I think your listing makes sense to me! :) Good luck!
tangledknits [at] gmail [dot] com
I love these and like the listing but agree that the picture of only beads is misleading. I pile of stitch markers would be better and I'd like to see a picture of what a customer would actually receive - what they look like on the card. I've been toying with the idea of making some of these myself, so I'd love to win them ready made. :-)
FelicityS on Ravelry
Brilliant idea! Your listing is quite good and presents all of the options and all of the info you can choose from.
Oh!! I LOVE these!! What you said about "needing" to use those wonderful colorful yarn pages...I'm that same way with gardening catalogs with all the gorgeous flowers and colors and such! This is such an AWESOME idea!! And I've crocheted for years and never thought about a lobster claw stitch marker (yeah, I'm the girl that just grabs a scrap of yarn and puts it in place). This would be PERFECT!! I'm a knitter as well, and really like the rings you're using. These are AWESOME!!!! Wow!
oops, forgot to mention I'm also jjlrdomom on Ravelry
I love the idea of repurposing the catalogs. I would echo the comment show me what I could get - then add the custom order bit.I would mount them on a business sized card and add knitting trivia or a cool stitch to learn on the card. Personally I think the big ones look huge and would gravitate toward the small ones myself. Been wanting a set of splittable ones which might be what you mean by snagless but I only saw 4 kinds in pix not 5. Wishing you great luck with your shop.
Post a Comment