I have entirely too many projects going at once and I don't feel like I am getting anything done. Blech. Add to that, new pretty shiny birthday yarns that I want to play with now and me deciding to get a jump on Christmas knitting and I am just overwhelmed. I have made a list of stuff that I need to do and tried to prioritize it. I think that has helped lessen the crazy feelings. I have also tried to take a step back from the Christmas stuff to work on things that need done soon. Unfortunately Christmas will be upon me before I know it. So I can't put it off for too long. I've also had a few good business ventures come along. Those will definitely be the first projects in the works. I'm super excited about the prospects of the extra crafting money. I have big plans that I hope I can follow through on.
But I did manage to get some stuff marked off of my list recently. So it isn't all bad.
Mom's scrubbies- an order from a co-worker of hers. She really likes the tulle dish scrubbers I make for my mom and wanted some to give out as Christmas presents. As these things, even in the larger version her friend wanted, take about half an hour to make, I said sure. (and as a side note, I've written a pattern for these and have apparently not made it available. I need to work on that)
Mom's bath poof- My mom is dangerous in a yarn store. Possibly even more so than I am. She was walking around the store picking up yarns and adding them to the pile. I asked what they were for since she doesn't knit. Oh they are for her. After I have turned them into something. :) And someone wasn't very helpful in the store who showed her a bath poof made out of cotton and who so helpfully offered to give me the pattern. So she knows she is getting the bath poof, but I also had enough left over for a washcloth for her face. Yay!
crochet scarf- When all my making stuff craziness has died down, I am making another one of these. I also got the pattern for this scarf from the yarn store in Charleston. Everytime I wandered by the scarf on display I stopped and fondled and admired it. So the owner gave me a copy of the pattern. For my first attempt, I grabbed a box of handspun yarns that my mom had found at a yardsale for $2 (go mom!). It was full of smaller balls of worsted to bulky weight. So I went up a hook size and worked the pattern, changing yarns when I ran out of a color, and ending the pattern when I ran out of yarn. I love it and want it to be cold so I can wear it. But I did underestimate how going up a hook size would effect the size. If I drape it around my neck, the ends just touch the floor. I made giant scarf. But I totally want to make more of these with some pretty varigated yarns. 
sandals- These were a tutorial on Etsy's blog a while ago. You take an old pair of flip flops and an old t-shirt, an exacto knife and some good glue and you make new sandals. I think if I were to do this again, I would change the back from a tie on to a sling back shoe. Awesome. How often do you get to say "I made my shoes!"


2 comments:
Bath poof--now I need to find that pattern. :)
http://ravel.me/KnittingKnadine/81ftq
Post a Comment