Monday, September 27, 2010

Country Living Fair

Last weekend (well, the 24th of September, it was last weekend when I started writing this post) was a wonderful trip to Columbus. I have family that lives there and it was high time I got around to visiting them. They invited me to the Country Living Craft Fair. It was loads of fun. I forgot to carry my camera around though so I didn't really get any pictures of craft stuff or of us doing fun things. But I did get pictures of what was apparently important to me. Eating food that I can't get in Huntington.

We will start with Jeni's. I had long heard of Jeni's from other knitter's blogs when they would go to Columbus for TNNA or Knitter's Connection. I had heard great things. Jeni's did not let me down. I had a scoop of Salty Caramel and a scoop of Dark Chocolate. Best ice cream ever. Ever. I have discovered that I can get Jeni's ice cream in Huntington. It is $10 a pint. At first I thought that was crazy for a pint of ice cream. After trying it, yeah, kind of worth it. I might arrange some sort of Jeni's party. Get a bunch of people together and we each buy a different flavor.

Chipotle. yum. Yeah nothing really close here in Huntington. Besides Taco Bell. But if you have ever eaten at a Chipotle, you know what sort of comparison that is. I think it is all in the rice.

Tim Hortons- Parkersburg had several while I was in High School. I love TimBits. They are perfect. I often find a whole doughnut overwhelming in sweetness (except for white angels and a McHappy's doughnut that is split like a hot dog bun and filled with white cream and topped with coconut. Yum). Also they are much less messy and more portable. Of course it means I end up eating more than I would with regular doughnuts. Oh and I love their vanilla cappuccinos.


And my family was nice enough to send me home with a can of pumpkin after I complained about my difficulty finding some here. I believe it was a combination of the stores not wanting to put out a lot of stock in case there was another shortage this year and now that there isn't a shortage, Pumpkin festival is October 9th so it is all being snatched up for the cooking contests.
So thank you Cindi, Rachel, Ashley and Davey. It was great to spend time with you. I need to do it more often.

No comments: