And I started these socks. I am very excited and they are coming along pretty quick. I am doing them on a really long circular needle even though I hate magic loop, but it means I can do two handed knitting on the. It really helps for that part where you change color every stitch.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Random catch up day
So much to post about, so little time to do so. I actually have several posts that need to be written about specific things. But I had a crown put in last week and I'm on antibiotics because it was not behaving itself and I can't tell if it is the meds actually making me feel exhausted and not very good at writing well thought out posts or just a coincidence that I started feeling like this when I started taking the medicine.
So even though I have a black thumb and I probably shouldn't be in charge of the care of plants ever, I planted some. I have some basil and cilantro and some chives. And squash and zuchinni and tomatoes and a pepper of some sort. And I got so excited that they have lived for a few days I went and bought some lavendar and rosemary and my mom brought me mint. I am very excited and I pretty much want to be able to make even the tiniest bit of salsa from my "garden". I shall hope. And try not to overwater. I even bought some of that special soil that is supposed to keep me from killing them with water. We shall see.
My dog was cute so I took a picture.
I made maple fudge for my Step dad's birthday (yay Brian!). I put a little in a pan of its own. I made two full batches I didn't think he was going to miss what I took. And I added bacon to it. Those who know me know I am a mite obsessed with putting bacon into things it normally does not belong, bacon cake and bacon chocolate chip cookies for example. So I thought bacon might make a delicious addition to maple fudge. I was right. Although if you try this, I advise making sure your bacon is crispy and very well drained. The chewy bits were weird. And if you want, I can give you my fudge recipe too.

And I started these socks. I am very excited and they are coming along pretty quick. I am doing them on a really long circular needle even though I hate magic loop, but it means I can do two handed knitting on the. It really helps for that part where you change color every stitch.
And I started these socks. I am very excited and they are coming along pretty quick. I am doing them on a really long circular needle even though I hate magic loop, but it means I can do two handed knitting on the. It really helps for that part where you change color every stitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment