Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was back on the 16th and I just wanted to say super thank you to everyone. I felt so spoiled and loved. I know I'm not supposed to be selfish and "it is better to give than to receive" but I really love my birthday and getting presents. But even without all of the presents, it would have been great. I really felt the love. And that pancake sundae was huge!!!

And to my SnB girls, you probably saw most of this on Ravelry already, but you get it again just so you know it isn't just the fiber fumes and PMS making me all weepy. I have been blessed every day since you first came into my life a year and a half ago. I hadn't had any really close girl friends since college and I was getting to the point I really needed some and POOF there you all were. You all make me a better person and a much happier person just by your presence. Pretty much the highlight of me week is Thursday and seeing all of you.
But now to the swag I got, because some people have been bugging me to see the pretties I got.
First I'll give the hubby some props. A ballwinder to go with my swift. yay! And a really neat crochet motif book. I think that was added on so he could get free shipping when he ordered the "Colour of Magic" DVD. Very worth it.
I got some fabulous sock yarn. It is by Christina Marie Potter. The colorway is in her Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy line and is called "Marvin". Perfect colors.
Jess got me a book of crochet patterns. Looking through it, it seems to be more stitch motifs than actual patterns. But they have some really neat lace patterns and seeing how I am obsessed with crocheting lace right now. Very cool. And she knit me another square for my blanket. If I ever get out from under all the stuff I HAVE to knit, I need to make a few more squares and start to get that sewn up.

And some fabulosity from Butterfly Girl Designs. My goodness these batts are scrumptious. Especially the Rocky Road (bottom one), it is filled with every sort of softness. Not that the purple one is in any way not soft.

Hobbledehoy Batts. I've been lusting after some of these batts for a while. Now that I have them, I was totally justified in my lusting. These ones have some yak fiber in them. Batts I've been wanting for a while, fiber I've never tried. Win, win.

Ok, first, these socks are hilarious. We can't quite figure out what went wrong. They appear to be Christmas oriented socks that should have said "Ho, Ho, Ho". As you can tell, they do not. Unless you are the person wearing them. When I look down at my socks, they are spelled right. I call them my "Oh" socks. (Office Space reference, ftw). Becca also got me Friday Night Knitting Club (which I have not read) and a super cute window decal that I did not get a picture of. It says "crafty geek" and here is the store she got it from. They are all so cute. It is a shame she doesn't have one that says "Craft Hoar". I think Dana would approve.

And although no one got this for me, I consider it a present. It arrived from the publisher on my birthday. My pattern is in the 2010 Crochet Pattern-a-Day calendar. Woot!

And there are unfortunately presents I didn't get pictures of (yay for fiestaware), but I loved them all. And I was even able to buy myself a little present. Ta Da! She shipped today. ZOMG! I can't wait. Funny story. My friend Grace and I had been wanting drum carders and have been talking about them and trying to find used ones and all that. Well, I finally bit the bullet last night. I had to make Zach push the "Commit to Buy" button because it was a lot of money. But I found out this morning that Grace bought hers last night too. Great minds really do think alike. I also picked up some silk noil and a llama fleece. Cause I really need more fleece before I even get what I have processed. But I am thinking of starting an Etsy store selling fiber batts. I think I need some practice before I do that. Anyone have any suggestions of what they would like in a batt that isn't already out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a wonderful birthday because you are wonderful! Yay!

Love for Nadine!!!

Rogue Rylla said...

Loved your christmas socks! When I worked for Hallmark, we got in a halloween door/wall sign that was misspellt, "OOB!" That gave us quite a laugh:)